Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Hail to Camp Judson

I had a blast as a Program Director at camp! I'm wondering why I didn't go to camp more often as a kid. Actually, I don't wonder. I had a not-so-pleasant experience during day camp one year. I was young enough to think that camp was like that all the time. Stupid counselor. You ruined it for me. hahaha

In any event, it was a wonderful week teaching second and third graders about Jesus. They learned what it means to be fishers of men and I'm fairly sure they had a blast doing it. I am so blessed that I had this opportunity. I am thankful that I was led to direct this week.

We had a beautiful week (we only dodged rain showers one day). I'm looking forward to doing it all over again next week! I only wish I didn't have to spend three nights away from my baby and my husband. :(

I was even able to sneak away one evening to snap some photos at the lake. I was hoping for a nice sunset but it was really cloudy so it wasn't great. Thankfully I have three more days to try. Here are just a few pictures from the week.

This is what 46 campers playing games looks like. They were a pretty impressive group. I was anticipating total chaos but they were wonderful.

I'm guessing it was a good plan to play lots of running games right before Vespers and bed. ;)







They were a riot playing Run, Rabbit, Run and Zookeeper.






On Sunday night, we walked to the lake to have Vespers. We enjoyed a beautiful sunset (I forgot my camera), learned a few new songs and got the campers geared up for what we would be learning about and talking about over the next couple of days.

On Monday night, we walked to The Cathedral in the woods. (pictured) This is a pretty amazing site and I'll have to remember to take pictures of the "pews" next week. Here is a picture of the "altar" and our little Vespers fire.

Our Vespers for Tuesday night was scheduled to be at the Prayer Tower but it was really wet so we just held it in the pavilion. I'm hoping that next week will be dry so I can take photos at all three places.

Here are a couple from my trip down to the lake. There's just something about being there all alone that takes my breath away every time. I am always truly in awe of His creation.
We had several small showers and a couple pretty good downpours that day so the sunset wasn't great. Plus, the windy weather made for a very angry Lake Erie. Even so, it was still beautiful.



No comments: