Friday, June 26, 2009

Day Four: Thursday

It was another semi eventful day. Should I have expected any less?

We passed up the opportunity to run an errand with Aunt "Chelle" so that we could have a normal morning at home. I just knew we'd never make it through a whole week without at least one bloody lip. We had two. Within ten minutes of each other.

Bloody lips are a common occurrence so other than a little crying, he knows the drill. He actually giggled when I pointed out that he got blood all over my shoulder. Stinker.

He really looks pitiful here but he's just between smiles. The smiley picture didn't really show the "damage" as well. I have to say, this is the nastiest lip injury to date. (The first one coming when he was just six months old...)

Other than a little complaining when eating certain foods, he's fine. I do think that this one may scab. Yuck.





After a nap and delivery of the new kitchen :) I was able to sneak away with Aunt "Chelle" alone. We needed to make a Michael's run for craft supplies for our week of camp. Let me just say that beads aren't cheap!!
In any event, it was nice to get away for even just a couple of hours.


***Daddy Update***
Chris called when we were on our way home. I am so proud of him!
They had just finished their "class dinner". He mentioned that he didn't have to pay. When I asked why he explained it was because he recited the ten phrases that they had been working on all week VERBATIM! I guess that semi photographic memory and all of those plays in high school paid off!
The instructors said that they haven't had anyone all year do that and they can only think of two or three that have EVER done it. *beaming*
They'll find out between 0800 and 0900 tomorrow if they've made it or not. It seems like a done deal but stranger things have been known to happen.

No comments: