Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Day One: Monday

Our first night/day went really well. Alex seemed a little confused as to why we left daddy sitting on the shuttle bus in Pittsburgh but as long as he has mommy, nothing seems to bother him for too long. ;)

We spent most of the morning inside. I know. It was a waste of a beautiful day. We really just needed a low-key day. I spent the morning unpacking, washing and putting away while Alex played with his toys and watched a couple Backyardigans episodes. Thank goodness for those little buggers, by the way.

We headed outside when I needed to hang a load of clothes on the line. This was a poor decision on my part. It was nearly 11:00. He'd had a snack but he was fading fast. Lunch is normally between 11:30 and 11:45 around here. I have no idea what I was thinking. I *knew* it would be nearly impossible to get him inside when it was time but I did it anyhow. I felt bad for depriving him of his Vitamin D.

After a few trips around the yard with the bubble mower, a brief stop in the hay field, some digging in the mud and several trips down the slide, I realize that it's waaaay past lunchtime.
I couldn't persuade him inside so I end up lugging him in kicking and screaming.

Needless to say, the handwashing and shoe removal don't go very smoothly. I fix him a grilled cheese sandwich and give him an organic juice box (juice is a treat around here). The screaming subsides and we (mostly) enjoy lunch.

***Daddy update***
Chris texted me early in the morning to let me know that the sit-up and push-up portion of his PT test go well. He says he won't be able to talk much because they have a mandatory study time after dinner. I'm a little concerned about how Alex will ever get to talk to him this week but I know we'll figure it out.
That night, before bed, we tried to call but he didn't answer. Alex was really confused as to why we weren't actually talking to daddy before bed. When Chris is away we *always* call and say good night. Thankfully, we got a call back during our second time through Arthur's Tractor. ;)

1 comment:

Miriah said...

I hope the week flies by for you two! I am so envious every time you talk about hanging clothes out on the line BTW!