Friday, June 26, 2009

Day Five: Friday

Seriously. I need a vacation.

I was planning a very lazy day today. The only thing the two of us were going to do was run to town on a couple of quick errands. Other than that I was planning a day of playing outside and relaxing. I planned wrong.

My mom called at around 10:00 to ask if we were planning on heading to Edinboro for anything. I told her no. She explained that they STILL needed to pick up archery pins for camp and that some kids would be earning their pins today but wouldn't get them. I felt horrible for the little kid who earned it but wouldn't have anything to show his mom when she came to get him.
I agreed to go and pick up the pins. Edinboro is only about 11 miles from here. Camp is just as far IN THE OTHER DIRECTION!

Alex started a major protest when I told him we had to go "bye-byes" and then see Grandma at work. Apparently that wasn't in his plans for today either.

It takes us over an hour to drive to Edinboro, pick up the pins and drive back to North Springfield. Seriously? We get there and go into the office to visit Grandma. She asks if we want to go to Tasty Twist for lunch, her treat. Another car seat protest ensues.

In any event, it was nearly 2:00 when we got home. I let Alex play outside while I cleaned out the car. Even at that point it was very evident that a nap was not happening.

In an attempt at some quiet time and a chance for him to relax, I've started a Backyardigans DVD. He loves those critters too much to fall asleep in the middle of one of their episodes.

Oh well. Tomorrow will be a nice, relaxing day at home for him. While I'd really like to take him to the airport with me to meet Daddy, I think he's going to stay home with Grandma. I just don't see it being a very pleasant ride for him. He'll stay home, take his nap and we'll be home by the time he wakes up. He'll never know he missed a thing. The best part will be that Daddy will be here to greet him!

Here are a few pictures of the cooking fun we've been having.

This first one is the cleaning of the food that took place in the bathtub. LOL







Next we have the organizing of the new kiddie cookware I picked up last night. He's loving it!


***Daddy Update***
I got a message at around 0930 this morning that said "I'm going to Texas in July!!!" That's code for "I made it!".
I am sooooo happy for him. I knew he'd make it but just having the official word makes it that much better.
He'll go to Lackland AFB in mid July for a six-week training. After that? Who knows?
I can't wait to see him tomorrow!!

1 comment:

Miriah said...

I am so happy for all of you :) Good job Chris!!!!!!!
LOVE the kitchen :)