Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Day Two: Tuesday

Today we were on the hunt for a sandbox. I am determined to give this child a place to dig. He's starting to unearth things he shouldn't be.

We were up and running far earlier than Monday. We were both dressed (and me showered) and out the door before 9:30 this morning. I figured we'd start our search at Wally World. I'm really only looking for a kiddie pool and there are a few other things on the general list so it seems logical.

As soon as we pull into the parking lot, I notice that Grandpa C is working. We head back to the automotive department so we can watch him work on a Suburban. I have a feeling Alex would have stood on that chair all day if I'dve let him.

After a jaunt around the garden-y things, I find a really small $10 kiddie pool. Sold. Until I realize that I forgot to take the stroller out of the trunk. How in the heck am I going to get this thing home?!?! I remember Grandpa C. We shop for the other items on the list and then head back to the Suburban.

Grandpa C says, sure, we can put the pool (I mean sandbox) in the back of his truck. Score!
I promise to pick it up later but Grandma C has other plans. LOL (If you know Grandma C, this won't surprise you.) She offers Grandpa C's delivery services.

So, late this afternoon Grandpa C dropped off the "sandbox" and three bags of sand. I wish someone could have taken a picture of all of us gathered around it playing like kids again.
Grandpa H even got in!

I'm having trouble with the video uploading so here's a couple pictures of the festivities.


He absolutely *would not* get in the sand without his boots on. I'm not sure what it is about those boots. I think it has something to do with his being able to put them on himself. I guess we'll just have to sport barn boots at the beach.






This is my new hangout for the rest of the summer. Just get me a foot rest and a fruity drink and I'm golden.

Notice he's still standing in the sand with his boots on. He wouldn't sit down in it either. *rolling eyes*






***Daddy Update***
I received another text this morning. The running portion of his PT test (1.5 miles) went well also. He ended up with a total combined score of 80.5 This is slightly lower than what he was hoping for but good considering the minimum expected was a 75. The scoring for PT tests is really weird and complicated so don't ask how it's done because I won't be able to explain it well.

He called this evening and said that it's going well overall. He has a semi-photographic memory so he's not having any trouble with the memorization portion of the week at all. LOL
Everyone seems to be getting along really well and he's enjoying himself for the most part.

When I asked him if they'd said anything about the openings for the July class he said that there are eight. This means that, unless something really crazy happens, he'll be going to Texas for six weeks in mid July. Yeehaw!! There is a light at the end of the tunnel!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Love the boots!!! Too funny! Knowing my son - he would probably be doing the same thing. Those boys!

Great news about Chris! What exactly is he doing anyway? And how long will he be away this time? I guess I missed that part. Sorry!

Miriah said...

LOVE the idea of using a pool as a sandbox! Cute pictures :) Love the barn boots!