Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Day Three: Wednesday

Wow. I'm going to need a vacation after this week! We've been going non-stop! It's been fun to pass the time more quickly but I keep wondering if we'll do the same thing when Daddy is gone for six weeks. I don't think I have it in me.

Today we went to visit Grandma H at work. My sister-in-law and I will be directing a week of camp soon so we needed to get some scheduling things straightened out. I thought it might be fun to visit Grandma at the same time.

My little monster put on quite a few miles running around the office and playing ball. We even walked up to the dining hall and had lunch before coming home. I, by the way, planned the trip home perfectly. We ate, I changed his diaper and we left right at nap time. I *knew* he'd fall asleep and I'd be able to lay him down when I got home. (The ol' car to crib routine doesn't work often but I had an inkling it would today.)

After nap time and Grandma's return home, we headed to a jewelry party. I'd never heard of this "brand" before (Silpada), but it was very nice. Pricey, but nice. It always turns out that I fall in love with the $250 piece. I did, however, find a nice simple pair of earrings that were very, very reasonably priced. Extra money for such items is coming at a premium these days but I felt bad attending and not buying anything.

The most exciting part of the evening came when I friend mentioned she and her mother-in-law were going to be having a yard sale on Friday and Saturday. I just casually asked if they had a toy kitchen or a sandbox and she said yes! They had a kitchen in the sale. She proceeded to tell me about how they had a bunch of food, plates and, "silver"ware with it. She said to swing by and look at it if we wanted. We stopped by on our way home (the back way home).
My jaw about hit the pavement when I saw that they had a sticker for $7 on it! Sold! It's really cute and Alex immediately flew to cooking up a storm.
We came home and took a bath with the new food and dinnerware. (He'll often take a washable toy to the tub to "keen it".)

I'm so excited that my little pretender now has a kitchen. He has such a great imagination and loves to pretend to cook things for us. I wonder if I have a little Emeril in the making?

I didn't get him in bed until nearly 10:00!!! Sign me up for Mother of the Year.

***Daddy Update***
Chris called during the jewelry bonanza tonight. He sounds really great. I can hear the confidence in his voice and it just makes me so happy.
The memorization part is really easy for him so he's feeling good about that. They had to do short speeches today and he said his went really well.
Tomorrow they have a longer speech (5 minutes or so) and then Friday they have a presentation/interview before a panel. I'm really looking forward to hearing all about his week. I'm really excited for him!

1 comment:

Miriah said...

How exciting for Chris :)
And way to go getting a $7 kitchen!