Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Wednesday's Walk



I saw this on a friend's blog and thought it was perfect! I'm going to follow her great lead and start my Wednesday Walk with how Daddy and I met. I'll just hit the major details. Otherwise, I fear this entry will be miles long.

Daddy and I officially met when I was a freshman and he was a senior in high school. We knew each other because we were in a couple of different activities together. I got to know him a little better when he started dating a friend of mine.

The year ended and he graduated. I was sad to see him go because we had become pretty good friends. We kept in touch after he left for college but I don't really think either of us saw us being any more than friends.

After nearly a whole year of talking when we could and seeing each other occasionally, we officially became a couple. Imagine my father's horror when he finds out his 15-year-old daughter is seeing a guy that is about to turn 19. He never said anything but my mother assures me now that he "wasn't sure about the whole thing.".

We were still dating when he decided college wasn't for him and he enlisted in the Air Force. I'm sure a lot of people were thinking that we'd never make it through basic training. We proved everyone wrong by not only making it through BMT but becoming engaged over Thanksgiving break of my first year in college.

Three short months after I graduated we were married and headed to San Antonio, Texas. We've been together since May of 1997 and married since October of 2001. And, by the way, my dad is just fine with everything now. ;)

No comments: