Thursday, January 22, 2009

Never in a Million Years

Just about a year ago, I remember having a conversation with a friend of mine about how quickly time was moving and how we'd be getting ready to leave Alaska before we knew it. Sure enough, August rolled around just as planned and we headed home.

We arrived in Pittsburgh, PA on September 3 so thrilled to be moving on with the next chapter of our lives and so full of excitement for what was ahead.
That was nearly five months ago.

I wish I could say we're full of that same excitement today. Instead I'm anxious about finances and worried that we'll never be able to move on with our lives. If we could have predicted the sharp economic downturn in August, I don't think we'd be here today. Who could have though? Not only was the economy in better shape but we were blinded by the excitement of being a regular civilian family, "away" from the military.

Never in a million years would I have thought that finding a good job that would be enough to support a family so hard for Daddy to find. I figured we'd stay with my parents for a month or two, buy our first home and move on. Not only has none of that happened but I'm still wearing the same suitcase of clothing that I was in August!

Tomorrow afternoon Daddy has yet another phone call scheduled with yet another company. I just pray that this is The One. I don't know how much more we can take. The disappointment is getting harder and harder to swallow, the money we had in savings is nearly gone and I'm starting to let myself regret leaving the Air Force.

I know that once he finds that job it will all make sense. I know that there is a plan that is much bigger than we can even imagine. I've just never been good at sitting back and letting things be.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Hey Amanda,
I am sure you are wondering who this is. My name is Kelly and I am Suzie's sister. She has talked about you and I thought I would come and check out your blog. I will say a prayer for you and Chris. I wish you the best of luck and the only other thing that I can say is keep your chin up.
Have a great day!
Kelly