Tuesday, January 27, 2009

I've Come to Realize...

This "down time" has really put things into perspective for me.

I've come to realize that while I absolutely love being closer to friends and family, there comes a time when a space of your own is worth more than words can say.

I've come to realize that even though it's WONDERFUL to have your husband around to help out and to spend quality time with your son, it's also a true test of wills at times.

I've come to realize that your way may not necessarily be better than your mother's but you sure like your way a whole lot more!

I've come to realize that when you finally do get a chance to see your old friends, some of them won't be as you remembered. Maybe it's YOU that's not the same but, either way, someone is different.

I've come to realize that even just a part time night job makes people think that you're less of a "loser".

I've come to realize that some people can really make you feel bad for decisions that you've made.

I've come to realize that you can't always plan for the future. You're not the one writing the story!

I've come to realize that the little quirks your family has will be more annoying than the big ones.

I've come to realize that there will always be someone that doesn't understand your choices. And THAT'S OK.

I've come to realize that warm country sunshine can do wonders for the soul.

I've come to realize that just because you've known someone since kindergarten that doesn't mean they know you best.

I've come to realize that you can buy a can of soup, you can literally hide that can of soup in the pantry but when you want to eat said can of soup, it'll be gone.

I've come to realize a lot of things.

Never in my wildest dreams did I think that I would be married for nearly eight years with a toddler and living with my parents. Never.

I know that this is just a bump in the road and that when we get to where we're supposed to be, it will all make sense.

I know that I will enjoy coming home to visit that much more because we won't be living here.

I know that I'll appreciate the home that we'll have and the space that we'll share.

I know I'll be even more thankful for my wonderful husband.

I know I'll wish all of the friends that have changed so much were closer again.

I know I'll make new friends and have new experiences that will ultimately change me...again.

I know that after weeks of long hours at work, I'll wish Chris just had that part time job again.

I know that I'll find myself feeling lonely without a houseful of "extra" people.

I know there will be times when I wish there were someone to share the cooking and cleaning chores with.

I know I'll find myself homesick sometimes, especially if we live far away again.

I know all of this will make me a better person.

No comments: