Sunday, January 11, 2009

How rich are you?

Here's the question of the day. Well, it's not actually from TODAY but I liked this one. You can find QotD for your own blog at www.questions.vox.com

WHAT MAKES A PERSON RICH?

Well, you're going to think this is very cliche but I don't think being rich has anything to do with dollar signs.
(I suppose dealing with the military and my husband being jobless at the moment have something do do with this. LOL Could be my upbringing though...)

I truly believe that a person is "rich" when they surround themselves with people that they care about and never take that time with them for granted.

Living life to the fullest and never taking your days here on Earth for granted can sometimes be tough. You just expect you'll wake up in the morning, don't you? I'm guilty of that for sure. Instead of expecting such things why not take a minute and thank God for the opportunity to get it right today. (Let's be honest, you weren't perfect yesterday.) Live each day with a thankful heart and a yearning to make your life and the lives of those around you just a little more pleasant.

I heard this saying a few years ago and it really struck chord with me. It made perfect sense to me. LIFE ON EARTH IS JUST PRACTICE FOR YOUR ETERNAL LIFE IN HEAVEN. I don't know about you but I was always taught that you practice for the Big Game and I can't think of a "game" bigger than that.

Living a "rich" life has nothing to do with how padded your pockets are. You can't take any of your Earthly possessions with you when you go anyhow. Surround yourself with good, caring, loving people and thank the Lord each morning for the chance to practice again.

No comments: