Sunday, July 19, 2009

Family Fun Day

We decided to take advantage of the beautiful weather today and go on a little family outing. We opted for the zoo. I really wanted to do something as a family before Chris leaves on Thursday. We had a great time!

Alex wasn't too sure at first. He, most likely, doesn't remember his first Erie Zoo trip. He was over a year old but he had no fear. This time, however, he was a little nervous about all of the strange critters wandering about. He kept saying, "Out, out, out." I can't tell you how many times I reassured him that the animals couldn't get out. I kept telling him that that was their home, their "kennel". (He understands that Molly stays in her kennel sometimes so I thought maybe he'd understand that the animals would stay where they were.)

He eventually warmed up to the idea and spent most of the day running alongside the stroller. He especially loved how the ducks were begging for his peanut butter and jelly sandwich!

I wish Chris was going to be here for the month of August. I'd really like to enjoy the nice weather while we can. I guess Mommy and Alex will have to go on adventures alone.

Here are a few pictures from our day.


THIS WAS WHAT BROUGHT HIM OUT OF HIS SHELL. THE KITCHEN. THAT BOY HAS QUITE THE CULINARY IMAGINATION!



PLAYING WITH DADDY IN THE CHILDREN'S AREA



ONE OF THE DUCKS TRYING TO SCAM SOME PB&J



ANOTHER DUCK POSING AT LUNCHTIME



THIS IS AS CLOSE AS I'VE SEEN EITHER OF THESE GIRAFFES. HE WAS SNEAKING LEAVES FROM THE TREE OUTSIDE THE FENCE.



SOME SORT OF MONKEY

No comments: