Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Almost a Full One

I am happy to report that we have nearly survived the first full week of Daddy being gone. Not that I had any doubt that we wouldn't...

We've been keeping busy. So far we've attended Ben's party and made a Walmart run. LOL Sounds like a jam-packed week, huh?

Tomorrow, I'm contemplating attending a special event at our local library. He really loves music and dancing BUT this event takes place at nap time. There aren't many things that trump a nap so the jury is still out on that one.
Bubba will get to stay with Grandma in the evening while I do a Pampered Chef show though. That should be fun (for both of us). He likes playing with Grandma and I need some time away from the house without my shadow. It's a win-win.

I do feel bad for my little Bubba though. He is so confused and it breaks my heart. He'll pick up my cell phone and say, "Daddy?" or just randomly say, "Daddy home." in the middle of the day. He doesn't want to talk to Daddy when he calls because, quite frankly, I think he's mad at him for leaving. He doesn't understand that he'll be back in a few weeks. I'm sure it will get better as the weeks go on.

So other than a few stressful situations and moments where I was at the end of my rope, we made it unscathed through most of week one. The next couple of weeks should zoom by as my brother and sister-in-law will be in town visiting. After they leave we should find out where home sweet home will be so then I can spend my days daydreaming about unpacking the things we haven't seen in nearly a year. :D

No comments: