Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Crazy Mixed Up Mess

The next few weeks are going to be a few of the hardest ever. They are also a few of the most exciting. On July 23, my husband will leave us for six weeks. At the end of that six weeks we'll finally be moving. The latter can't happen without the first.

We've dealt with separations before. The longest was a year. I'm not doubting that we'll make it through one bit. We've just never been in this exact situation while dealing with a separation before. I'm sure the days will crawl by one moment and speed by the next. All in all, it's really only the month of August. The only "biggie" is that Alex's birthday also comes in August. :(

We're going to try to take advantage of the next week or so. I'd like to take a zoo trip or go to the spillway. You know, do something fun before Daddy leaves. It looks like summer has come to Northwestern Pennsylvania today. I hope it's here to stay so we can get out and enjoy it.

I am actually really excited about what's in store for us. I know some people don't like surprises but I think this will be a good one. We're ready to see what's next. We NEED to see what's next because the situation we're in isn't as pleasant as it once was. Ah, family...

1 comment:

Hope said...

Ok, so when are you moving down here?? ; ) (Still have my fingers crossed!!! LOL)

Hoping the 6 weeks fly by for you guys!!!!!!