Monday, March 9, 2009

Plans Change

It has been quite some time since I've been able to carve enough time out of my day to post. A LOT has changed since my last entry.

I fell off the workout wagon. With Daddy needing to workout "more than me", I let him do the nap time workout and I used the time to do things like laundry and dishes. At least I wasn't sitting around but it's not what I had been doing previously.

Daddy was doing an amazing job with his weight loss. He dropped nine pounds in about two weeks. Men... ;) If I had exercised and eaten like him, my wrists would have gotten smaller but that's about it.

The amazing weight loss crusade has been laid to rest though. We've decided to go in yet another direction. Surprise!

After double checking some information with a recruiter in Alaska, Chris learned of the possibility of Reserve recruiting. This option is very similar to the Active Duty recruiting with the main difference being there is no weight requirement since he's already IN the Reserves. Yay!
The local AD Recruiter, of course, never mentioned this option because he didn't want to "lose" Chris as a possible recruit. That's completely understandable from his perspective but I still think he should have given Chris ALL of his options considering he knew the situation with the Reserves, etc. ANYwho...

We've started the paperwork process yet again. It was just lucky that he had his monthly UTA this past weekend so he was able to speak with the recruiter there and start gathering paperwork and having letters of recommendation written.

It'll be another few weeks before the package is sent and approved but at least the process has been started. The only really bad thing about this (either option really) is that the April class is full so he has to wait until JUNE to leave.

Yes, you heard right. That means we're "stuck" here until mid July before the possibility of a move. Like I said, it's a light at the end of the tunnel but I never expected us to be here for so long.

No comments: