Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Waiting is Hard to Do

I've always been a fairly impatient person.

From a young age I had an ear for music so my parents started me with some piano lessons. I only took them for a couple of years because I "got bored". I didn't want to spend time plunking out one note at a time! I wanted to play like Mozart...now!
When it comes to an idea for a project, etc. I don't like to waste time waiting around. I like to go and get what I need so I can start right away.

You get my point.

I never imagined that we'd literally have to wait for Daddy to lose a few pounds before we could move on with our lives. Never. I know that having him gone for six weeks is going to be tough but I wish he was leaving tomorrow. That would mean that we were going to be able to move on.

Things aren't turning out the way I had imagined at all. I know that this path was chosen for us long before we even realized it and I know that it's going to work out far better than we could have ever planned. That's the beauty of it. ;) It's just so hard waiting to see what's down the road.

I am so anxious to get out of here! I know that the grass is always greener and I'll be homesick two weeks after leaving but I'm still ready. I think we're all at the point where we have come to realize that family is wonderful but sometimes they're so much more wonderful when you can come to visit.

Please say a prayer and think positive thoughts for us. We're really stuck in limbo more now than we ever have been. Please pray that Daddy will say safe and healthy as he loses a few pounds and please say a prayer for patience for everyone in this house.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hopefully things will work out for you guys real soon! I know it is frustrating! Sending some positive thoughts and some patience your way!!

Glad you figured this comment stuff out! LOL

Suzie said...

patience...That is one thing I struggle with also... Everything will be fine. Any word on where you guys might end up? ya know, Texas sure is nice, no snow here...hint-hint... haha Wishing you and Chris patience as you see the light at the end of the tunnel. **hugs to you dear**