Friday, October 15, 2010

The Greatest Pancakes...Ever

As a mother of a picky eater, I've learned that, when I find something that my son will eat, I need to make it as healthy as possible.

Enter the pancake.

My son loves pancakes! In fact, last weekend, while visiting my brother and sister-in-law he conned his aunt into making him pancakes for breakfast...and then had them again for lunch. Talks of hotdogs or chicken weren't phasing him. It rarely does anyhow.

While I was going through a cookbook to plan my monthly menu, I came across this recipe. It was in one of those church fundraiser cookbooks so I knew it had to be good. ;)
Here is my new favorite pancake recipe:

1 1/4 c. Whole Wheat Flour
3/4 c. All-Purpose Flour
2 T Brown Sugar (firmly packed)
1 T Baking Powder
1/2 t. Salt

2 Eggs
1 1/2 c. Milk
3 T Cooking Oil (or melted butter, margarine or shortening)

Thoroughly mix together the whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
Beat together eggs, milk and oil until blended. Add wet ingredients to dry and mix well.
Bake on hot, lightly greased griddle.

*I added a little flax in place of the all-purpose flour. Be creative and add other things like fruit (or maybe even chocolate chips?) I also made a few blueberry ones. Yum.

Enjoy!

No comments: