Monday, February 15, 2010

Playing the Game

As I said in an earlier post, our move to Civilian Job Land is set. We are now in the process of negotiating an offer on a house. This, I didn't bargain for.

What a stressful time! I feel like I'm in the middle of a huge poker game. The only bad thing is that I don't have a clue how to play poker! This house isn't our dream home by far but, somehow, we've both fallen in love with it. It's hard to stop myself from imagining how this or that would look. I'm a dreamer. I like to pick out paint colors and make things my own. It's really hard NOT to do that yet.

We've had the seller's agent tell our agent that they intend to accept our counter offer. That was yesterday. I understand that the sellers are trying to find a home too. They didn't want to put in an offer on a home until they had one in our their current home. That, I get. It's just so hard to wait. I wanted to be in this house yesterday, not a month and a half from now.

So we wait. We play The Game and hope that it all turns out well. If not, I know there is another home out there for us. It'll just be hard to stop dreaming about this one.

No comments: